NV Bekaert SA with headquarters in Bekaertstraat 2, BE-8550 Zwevegem, Belgium and its- global group companies (hereafter ‘Bekaert, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) values your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data in accordance with this Policy and applicable data privacy laws & regulations applicable to collection, use, and transfer of personal data.
Bekaert is the data controller that is responsible for the processing of any personal data through this Website. Data controller means Bekaert which, along or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data.
This Policy provides information on how we generally collect, use and transfer your personal data that you provide to us when visiting our websites and social media pages, using our apps or contacting us and legal base for processing your personal data. This policy also provides an overview of security measures implemented by Bekaert to protect your personal data.
Acceptance of this Policy and Consent
By visiting Bekaert website and providing personal data to us, you understand and agree to the collection, processing, international transfer and use of your personal data by Bekaert. Where required by applicable data privacy law, we will ask your explicit consent.
You may always object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or withdraw any consent previously granted for a specific purpose by following the instructions in section “What are your rights?”
Which personal data do we collect?
We collect following personal data about you in accordance with including but not limited to European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”), United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act (“UK GDPR”), China Personal Information Protection (“PIPL”), The Brazilian’s General Data Protection Law (Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados Pessoais or “LGPD”) and other data protection laws/ regulation applicable to Bekaert operating offices and plants:
- contact information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, job title, age and prefix, username, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address or other addresses that allow us to send you messages, company information and registration information you provide on our website
- relationship information that helps us do business with you, such as the types of products and services that may interest you, contact and product preferences, languages, marketing preferences and demographic data
- transactional information about how you interact with us, including customer account information, order and contact information, transaction and correspondence history, inquiries, quotations, invoices, and information about how you use and interact with our website
- security and compliance Information that helps us to secure our interests, including information for conflict checks, fraud prevention and internal verification, as well as information necessary for the security of our premises, such as visual recordings
- technical information and unique device identifiers such as your IP address, operating system information, links clicked, pages visited, browser type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types, and referring websites of visitors to our website
We do not collect any sensitive personal data or special category of personal data and government related national unique identifiers number of yours from our website.
For what purposes do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- website operations: maintaining operations of the website, customizing and improving the Website;
- managing our relationship: managing our ongoing relationship with you, including interacting with you. To register you in our website(s), fulfilling your orders and requests for quotations, invoices and other information, and providing other services related to your requests;
- direct marketing: for marketing and business development activities such as promotional offers communication, email marketing and marketing campaigns and other marketing activities related to Bekaert products and services. ; and
- business needs: managing our business needs, such as account management, product development, contract management, corporate governance, audit, and legal compliance.
We may collect and process your personal data based on the following legal grounds:
- your explicit and informed consent;
- the performance of a contract with you;
- legal requirements;
- the legitimate interests of Bekaert, which are our usual business activities.
Who has access to your personal data?
We may need to share your personal data with third parties:
- Third parties: a third party is a natural or legal person, agency or processor who provides or performs services and functions on our behalf. We may make personal data available to these third parties, to perform these services and functions. Any processing of that personal data will be on our instructions and compatible with the original purposes.
- Legal obligations: we may also make personal data concerning individuals available to public or judicial authorities, law enforcement personnel and agencies as required by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, and including to agencies and courts in the countries where we operate. Where permitted by law, we may also disclose such information to third parties (including legal counsel) when necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or to otherwise enforce our rights, protect our property or the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external audit, compliance and corporate governance functions; Mergers & acquisitions: personal data may be transferred to a party acquiring all or part of the equity or assets of Bekaert or its business operations in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, or other
Bekaert may transfer your personal data to group entities located in countries outside of the EEA or outside the country of collection, which do not offer an adequate level of protection of personal data. In such cases, we will take measures to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection, such as Binding Corporate Rules, Standard Contractual Clauses published by respective data protection authority or the EUUS Data Privacy Frameworks.
How do we protect your data?
We apply appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures that are reasonably designed to protect your personal information, such as access control and back-up procedures. Your personal data will be stored on secured servers located in Western Europe.
How long do we keep your data?
What are your rights?
Pursuant to applicable data privacy laws, you have following the rights related to personal information provided to Bekaert-
a. The right to access or know
b. The right to rectification
c. The right to erasure of personal data (right to be forgotten)
d. The right to restriction of processing concerning you
e. The right to object to the processing
f. The right to withdraw consent (opt-out)
g. The right not to be subject to discrimination
h. The right to opt-out of sale of personal information (applicable for California resident)
i. The right to data portability
j. The right to object automated individual decision making.
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
We may decline a right requests that are unclear, sent by unauthorized third party, unreasonable or may jeopardize the privacy of others or in case access is not required by applicable legislation.
If you wish to exercise your right, you can send the respective right request by e-mail to email@example.com with following details:
- Email Id
- Data Subject right which you would like to exercise
- Relationship information with Bekaert
- Country of residence
- Request description
Contact details of Data Protection Office
Data Protection Office:
Attention : Data Privacy Manager
Modification of this Policy
We may change this Policy at any time without prior notice to adapt to changes in privacy laws and processing operations, you are advised to regularly consult it. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we make the revised Policy available through the website. Your continued use of the website following such changes means that you accept the revised Policy.